Sunday, June 15, 2008
Phonics!!
I just had to share this funny story that Zekey did the other day. I must warn you that involves profanity so I apologize if I affend but it was sooo cute. Anyway, to keep the kids busy this summer I have them doing an hour of lessons, 20 min of reading, 20 min of worksheets and 20 min of computer reading games. I was working with Zekey on his 100 sight words that he needs to know for first grade. We were going through the list and some he knew and some he didn't. So I would have him sound them out. He comes to the word "as". He stopped and looked at it and starts in, "aaaaaaa," "sssssss". "aaaa,sssss". Then he stops and yells out, "ASS!!!!" It took everything in my being to not start laughing. I calmly explained to him that no, it is as. He had no idea that "ass" is even a bad word. His bad words are "stupid, butt, etc...." Boy, I wonder what more fun we will have sounding out words this summer!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
How funny!! The joys of raising children!! They say the funniest things!!
Post a Comment