Okay everyone, I know our family is full of active people and I bet you are all shocked to know that yes, I have never been snow skiing. We have a friend couple that have been begging Teddy and I to go skiing for years and we have never done it. Well, finally we joined them at Sierra Summit a couple of weeks ago and had a blast. Here are a few pictures of the amateurs in action. It was really fun but really scary!!! I didn't realize that I am so afraid of heights!! I got on the ski lift and thought I was going to die!! Teddy was laughing at me because I was doing lamaze breathing the whole time with my eyes tightly shut and my grips so tight on the bar I had white knuckles. We thought the kids would love skiing and saw little kids, four and five, just whizzing around on their snowboards and skiis. However, I don't think I would ever let them on the ski lift. It goes so high!!!!! I know, what a dork. When we finally go to the top of the mountain all I could think about was how to get down. I crashed a few times but managed to make it down and spent the rest of the day on the bunny hill. Maybe next time I will brave the lift better.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Snow Skiing
Okay everyone, I know our family is full of active people and I bet you are all shocked to know that yes, I have never been snow skiing. We have a friend couple that have been begging Teddy and I to go skiing for years and we have never done it. Well, finally we joined them at Sierra Summit a couple of weeks ago and had a blast. Here are a few pictures of the amateurs in action. It was really fun but really scary!!! I didn't realize that I am so afraid of heights!! I got on the ski lift and thought I was going to die!! Teddy was laughing at me because I was doing lamaze breathing the whole time with my eyes tightly shut and my grips so tight on the bar I had white knuckles. We thought the kids would love skiing and saw little kids, four and five, just whizzing around on their snowboards and skiis. However, I don't think I would ever let them on the ski lift. It goes so high!!!!! I know, what a dork. When we finally go to the top of the mountain all I could think about was how to get down. I crashed a few times but managed to make it down and spent the rest of the day on the bunny hill. Maybe next time I will brave the lift better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Look at all that snow. How fun. It looks like you both are pros and skiing.
Post a Comment