Tuesday, April 29, 2008
No More Babies
Well, I just thought I would write about my internal dilemma that I have been experiencing lately. I was a week late on my period and it opened up a lot of dumb emotions in me. First I was quite nervous because in dealing with a toddler, I am tired of the baby years. At the same time I was excited about a baby!!! I started my period and was relieved but a little sad at the same time. As a result of the scare my husband is scheduled for his vasectomy on July 30. He finally felt it was time to make the decision permanent. Then yesterday I watched Juno. After it was over I cried for like 10 minutes over the fact I would never hold my own brand new baby in my arms again. The scene where Jennifer Garner is holding the baby and just looking at him set me off. I am so sad but in some way so relieved to think that I will eventually have some time for myself. Oh, how will it be to run to the store and not having a screaming child with me or to be able to take a nap and not worry about when I want to get up. So I have decided all you baby birthing women out there need to move close so that when I need a quick fix I can just kidnap your babies for a moment and then I can give them back. Maybe it is time to move into Labor and Delivery nursing. Who knows!!!! We still have a few months till July!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
Mauri,, I Know what You are feeling but There Is a new song Out By Trace Atkins... Your Going To Miss This..... You Must Find It and Listen... It Is soooo true.. Believe Me It will Be You someday looking Back and wanting so badly To Hold a New baby.... Thats when Grandbabies come in handy!!! It's The Greatest!!!
Mauri that is SO funny! I have had the same dillemma going on for about a year now. Dustin is DONE and think I want another one but I totally go back and forth as well. The funny thing is I just watched Juno a little bit ago and BAWLED as well and actually just had to go to bed crying because I couldn't stop! I guess I always thought it would be easier to know when you were done. I thought you would just have the finished completed feelling. I have that about 50% of the time. The other 50% I can't believe I am done with that phase of pregnancy and babies. So I totally sympathize!
I don't think that feeling will ever go away. I balled all through Juno and came home and told Michael I thought we made the wrong decision but then two days later it was gone. I am now looking forward to the next stage with my kids and enjoying every minute. The key will be surviving Charley. You could borrow her for a few days and I am sure Teddy would be running to the doctor.
I so glad that I can see your blog now. I couldn't sign in before and I was sad. I love the vaseline story. haha I was cracking up. I wish I lived close because you could take my baby all day and I would be so happy. hahaha I love you and am excited to see you soon!
I'm sure Mandi's baby will be available for frequent visits! Ha! Ha!
Post a Comment