Tuesday, April 20, 2010

La Purisima Mission trip

Sadie is in fourth grade and that means, Mission reports! The usual routine is to make a model mission but this year I talked Sadie into doing a movie. We took a day off from school and headed over to Lompoc to visit this cool mission that is fully restored. It wasn't the prettiest but it had animals, indian huts, a garden. As we were getting ready to leave, one of the docents asked us if we would like to see some of the rooms. We said sure and he took us and opened up the soldiers quarters, the jail and the weaving area. We got to walk in them and touch the stuff. He gave Sadie a real lead bullet and some sheeps wool. She was so excited. I think she learned much more than she thought. It was a lot of fun and a cool place to visit. Once a month they have actors dress up like soldiers and indians from the mission days and do the daily activities. I want to go back and visit!




No comments: