Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Payton's Inauguration Ceremony
So, last night Payton was getting out a dress for school and I asked her why she was getting so dressed up? She said aren't you coming? I said, "to what?" She said she had given me an invitation to her swearing in for today and I couldn't remember it at all. So, I begrudgingly went to the assembly this morning even though there were other things I had to do. When I arrived they had a band there, the color guard, a red carpet laid out. I took a seat to see the officers brought in by a judge, the chief of police, the chief of the Fire Dept. Etc.... They even had the Kern county assembly woman there. It was really nice. They each got up and gave a little speech about being examples and striving for excellence in service of your community and school. Then the kids each got to be sworn in. I didn't even know she had run for anything. She didn't even tell me!! Nice, eh? She was really excited and it was a very impressive little ceremony. Congrats, Payton!!!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
That is awsome!!! How exciting!!
way to go payton!!!
Post a Comment