Sunday, January 9, 2011

Really????


Okay, I have had it and need to vent so sorry to put it out there. I know there are plenty of things to be thankful for and plenty of people who have it worse but REALLY???? You decide how my 2011 is going so far. So to start we planned this fun 4 day, 3 night vacation at China Peak skiing and staying in a nice cabin for New Year's Eve. The day we head up there the ski resort is so packed that they turn us away and say there is nowhere to park. So we decide that's fine, we'll go to our cabin, get settled and play in the snow. Upon arrival we find out some dumb@!?? hit a power pole and took out power to the entire little town. So, they weren't even going to let us stay because it was going to be -1 that night. We begged the rental company to let us stay the one night because of course the power was supposed to be on the next day. Well, that was a mistake. We thought we would sleep by the fireplace and that would be fine. WRONG!! it was so cold he could see our breath even with the fire place. The toilet water was frozen. Teddy didn't get any sleep because he had to stay up to keep feeding the fire because all we had was pine and compressed logs. I didn't sleep because I kept worrying about keeping the kids covered with our four blankets we had. It was miserable. We made our way to ski the next day and of course they were running on generators. However, their computers were down so they couldn't use any atm cards etc... I had spent a hefty sum at Costco getting gift cards for the place for a small deal and we couldn't even use them. Plus, my sweet Caelyn who all year has been excited about learning to ski, cried and threw a fit about going to the ski class. I had to go with her and spend the entire day learning how to pizza. UGH!!!! Needless to say I was a bit on edge. We went back to our cabin hoping for good news to only find out the power was established everywhere but at our condo community where the cabin was. The rental company made us leave and we were fine with that because we knew we couldn't do another night like the previous one. We packed up and headed home on New Year's Eve. We were so exhauted we were all asleep at 10pm. Two days later we had to vacate the house so it could be tented for termites. What a great Xmas present. Then the same day we left our house, Zeke came down with some crazy pounding headache and nausea that lasted for three days. On day two he woke up with his left eye swollen shut. I didn't know what the heck was going on and seeing all I deal with is Brain Dead people and these crazy stories of missed diagnosis, I wanted a scan of his head. We spent the morning in ER and I argued with the nurse practioner to give him a CT scan. Thank goodness it was normal. He went to a neurologist that didn't know what the deal was and blammed it on an irregular eardrum, REALLY??? I just paid @!&!! to find out what!!! Anyway, the same day my phone fell in the toilet while straightening up the bathroom and died. We were at my mom's and they have no land phone so I was without any way to get ahold of anyone. Luckily it ended drying up later that night and started to work again. Then I had a meeting in LA on thursday that I asked if I could miss because I had to work that night on a donor. My boss misunderstood my request and told me I had to go anyway so I drove to LA that morning and left around 12:30pm to come home. Coming down the grapevine traffic came to a complete stop and come to find out, two big rigs crashed and blocked the lanes and it would be a 3 hours wait. So, stuck only 20 miles from home, I ended up not getting home until 5:30pm. Needless to say, no nap and a long night of work ahead of me. I was so FRUSTRATED!!!! Our donor I spent all night on ended up being shut down because of disease and organ function so that didn't work out. Now, this am Payton woke us all up throwing up. Can't wait for this new illness to pass thru the family. Then, while washing her nasty throw up towels my washer broke and won't spin. I've had it. I don't know what is left? Teddy is betting on my car being the next dilemma. Please tell me that it will all be over soon and that I don't have a whole year of this ahead, Otherwise I may not make it thru 2011. When is the end of the world? 2012. Maybe this is just the warm up. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: