My sweet, little Zeke is finally the golden age of 8. In Bakersfield you can play tackle football at 8 if you weigh 60lbs. The kid barely makes the cut by weighing in at like 61 pounds. He has been so excited to play. Of course he had to play for the Fighting Irish team so he could sport the gold helmet. Last night was his first scrimmage. He woke up at the crack of dawn cause he was so nervous. I was nervous for him because as you can see in the team huddle, yes he is the small one. They have him playing receiver and corner and he does a good job. I don't think he has Sadie's "I am going to kill whoever has the ball" instinct but he always jumped on the top of the pile after all the kids were down. It should be an exciting season and hopefully next time my camera doesn't good dead so I can get some action shots!!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
So it begins.....
My sweet, little Zeke is finally the golden age of 8. In Bakersfield you can play tackle football at 8 if you weigh 60lbs. The kid barely makes the cut by weighing in at like 61 pounds. He has been so excited to play. Of course he had to play for the Fighting Irish team so he could sport the gold helmet. Last night was his first scrimmage. He woke up at the crack of dawn cause he was so nervous. I was nervous for him because as you can see in the team huddle, yes he is the small one. They have him playing receiver and corner and he does a good job. I don't think he has Sadie's "I am going to kill whoever has the ball" instinct but he always jumped on the top of the pile after all the kids were down. It should be an exciting season and hopefully next time my camera doesn't good dead so I can get some action shots!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Whoo hoo!! Cant wait to see him play!!
Post a Comment